Free Chat Rooms
By Chat Software
You are here: Home
> Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptable Use Policy
Last modified: 5th November 2011
You will be responsible for your own use of this Site. You may not use this Site in any way which breaches any applicable law, regulation, code or policy, and you must not use this Site for any illegal or fraudulent purpose. In particular (but without limitation), you agree that:
- You must be over 13 years of age to access this Site.
- When you register with us to use this Site, you must not give the impression that the message or posting originated from someone other than you.
- You must not send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards (listed below).
- You must not use this Site (whether intentionally or otherwise) to send or forward any unsolicited email or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- You must not knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, timebombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You must not interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of this Site, including any equipment or network on which the site is stored or any software used in the provision this Site.
These content standards apply to any material which you post on this Site.
Any material you post must:
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be up-to-date (where necessary);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and,
- comply with any applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
You must not:
- post any material which is defamatory of any person;
- post any material on this Site (including without limitation, text, images, sound, video or other electronic files or material) which is illegal, indecent or dishonest. In particular, you must not post any content which is pornographic, obscene, indecent, defamatory, racist, abusive, offensive, menacing or extremist political nature or which may incite violence, sadism, cruelty or racial hatred, or which may facilitate prostitution or paedophilia.
- post any material which promotes discrimination (based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age);
- post content or use the restricted areas in a way that infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or any confidential information or trade secrets;
- post content or other materials in breach of contract;
- use this site to advertise your goods or services or promote your organisation’s aims and ideals;
You agree to indemnify us against any loss, damages, costs, expenses or other claims arising from any breach by you of these terms.
If we need to Contact You
If we need to contact you we will use the contact details you give us if you register. You must ensure the email address provided is active and is regularly checked for new email. We will assume you have read all email addressed to the email address provided.
Right to Suspend, Restrict or Terminate Your Use
We will determine, in our discretion, whether you have breached this AUP. Where such a breach has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate and proportionate in the circumstances.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any positing or material uploaded by you to this Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to the police or other relevant authority as we reasonably feel is necessary or as we are directed to do so.
Changes to the AUP
We will from time to time update and make changes to these terms. We recommend that you revisit this AUP frequently, and ideally each time you visit this Site.
Guidelines & Help
Chat Room Etiquette
Private Chat Etiquette
Share this page