You are here: Home
Last modified: 5th November 2011
Please read the policy carefully. If you do not agree with it, then please do not use our Site.
Note that if you follow a link from our Site to another website, this policy will no longer apply. This is also true when you enter third party content via an iFrame, Java Applet or Flash Object. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites and we encourage you to read the privacy policies appearing on those websites.
Who we are
We are www.bollywoodchat.org an online chat site based in England and Wales with servers hosted in the UK and the USA.
Please email us through our contact form if you wish to contact us.
If you are using this Site then you are over 13 years of age. Bollywood Chat is intended for individuals age 13 and over only. We do not provide content for children.
How we collect information
When you access the chat rooms without registration we will not collect any personal information about you.
We may collect information about you if you contact us offline, for example by telephone, fax, email or post.
We keep a record of traffic data and site statistics about the use of our Site, but we are not readily able to identify individuals from this information.
Cookies are small text files which are transferred from this Site and stored on your computer's hard drive. They enable a website to “remember” who you are.
We use session cookies to identify and track users who enter the registered areas of our site. Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
We do not use “spyware”, that is web bugs or hidden identifiers or other similar devices to gain access to information, store hidden information or to trace activities of users.
Most browsers are automatically set to accept cookies but if you are using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Netscape, you should be able to configure your browser to restrict cookies or block all cookies if you wish. If you disable cookies you should still be able to login and use the chat room areas of our Site.
More information about cookies, including browser-specific instructions on how to restrict or block cookies may be found on the IAB’s website at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Third Party Advertising
We use Google AdSense to display third party advertising on our Site.
Google use the DoubleClick DART cookie to serve ads based on a user’s previous visits to our Site and other sites on the Internet.
You may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the advertising opt-out page or by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
What we use your information for
We will use your information for administrative reasons. We send all new users a confirmatory email for example. We will also email you about system issues.
We may also use your information as follows:
- To let you know of any new developments or features within Bollywood Chat.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you
With whom we may share your information
We will not share your information with any other organisation except in the following circumstances:-
- We may share your information within our group companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries) to the extent that they are involved in the delivery of any part of the Bollywood Chat service.
- We may allow third party providers and contractors (who supply services to us, or who process information on our behalf), incidental access to your information. We will ensure that they keep your information secure and do not use it for their own purposes.
- We may share your information with another organisation which buys our company or our assets, or to whom we transfer our agreement with you and in the course of any negotiations which may or may not lead to such a transfer or sale.
- We will disclose your information to enforcement authorities if asked to do so, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings.
You have the right to see any information we hold about you on payment of a statutory fee, which is currently £10.
You have the right to rectify any errors in information we hold about you and to change or correct any details you have already given us. Please inform us about changes to your details so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date.
You have the right to opt out of receiving any marketing material from us at any time.
To exercise your rights please contact us.
Security of information
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Transfers outside the EEA or USA
We will not transfer your information outside the EEA or USA unless you are based outside the EEA or USA or ask us to do so. The EEA comprises certain countries within Europe (including the EU) which have similar laws on data protection. Other countries outside the EEA or USA may not give the same level of protection to your information.
If you have any queries about the information we hold on you, or would like to exercise your rights set out above, please contact us.
Further information about data protection issues including the online Register of Data Controllers can be found on the Information Commissioner’s site at www.ico.gov.uk.